Make Lloydminster A Better Place to Live
For Information on our organization, capital campaign, donor levels, or to see a list of our donors, click on the appropriate blue button below.
How Would Your Donation Be Used?
Our Fundraising Goal for 2014
With cuts to the Alberta Budget in 2013 to post secondary education, we lost our major rental client, Lakeland College. The result was a loss of $65,000 in revenue. Ouch! That really hurt. Fortunately, our request for additional funding in the amount of $32,500 from the City of Lloydminster was approved. However, our fundraising efforts in 2014 have now increased by the other $32,500 that still needs to be raised. Truthfully, that is a large task for us. Our total fundraising goal for 2014 is $87,500.
One story that shows the impact of our organization is that of a young man who as a youth danced on our stage and then as a teen went on to help organize competition in the local Ukrainian Dance Festival held at our venue. Today he is a teacher in our community and now watches his students perform on our stage. Our impact in our community is truly full circle.
Why to Give
"The Arts and Individual
Well-Being in Canada", the 39th report in the Statistical Insights on
the Arts series, examines whether connections exist between Canadians’
cultural activities and their personal well-being. Compared with those who did not attend a play in 2010, the report shows that theatre attendees:
- Are much more likely to report that they have very good or excellent health
- Are much more likely to report that they have very good or excellent mental health
- Are much more likely to volunteer
- Are less likely to feel trapped in a daily routine
- Are more likely to know many or most of their neighbours
- Are more likely to have done a favour for a neighbour in the past month
- Are more likely to report very strong satisfaction with life.
Ways to give
- A gift in your will. Please ensure you use our legal name "Vic Juba Community Theatre Board".
- Charitable receipts are issued for donations by Lloydminster Regional Theatre Foundation.
What People Say About Us
“This is the only place my husband brings me on dates" - Barb Hawken
"Theatre is nourishment for the soul as food and water is for the body." - Laurie Harris
"Love the great sound" - Cosette Green
"It is a great treat to see live productions in this day of Youtube and Brittany Spears!" - Anonymous
"Before the opening of Vic Juba Community Theatre, we attended way too many concerts in a school gymnasium or other local venue with bad sightlines and hard chairs -- usually sitting in front of a loud speaker. Let's continue to allow the performing arts to thrive in our community." - Gwen Mottram
A Story We Love to Share
mother brought in her sick six year-old son to Emergency at the
Lloydminster Hospital. As is normal in a very busy department, the wait
lengthy. Patience had run out for the young boy so he turned to his
and said "can we go home now?" "Not until you have seen the Doctor" she
replied. This answer was not good enough for the boy -- "but Mom", he
insisted "we have to go now because our Christmas concert is tonight and
we are going to be on the stage at the Big Juba." We love this story!
How to give
Vic Juba Community Theatre
2602 59 Avenue
- Email Gwen Mottram on our "Contact Us" page: here
Gwen Mottram (Board of Directors) 780.808.3244